Join Our Email List
Asbury City Hall
5080 Asbury Road
Asbury, IA 52002
Phone: (563) 556-7106
Fax: (563) 556-2001
The City of Asbury has implemented a Building Code since 2004. The following are some common projects that require a building permit, the City requires a permit before work begins. Separate permits are required for electrical, plumbing, mechanical and excavation work. Also new in 2011, all contractors must apply for a Erosion Control Permit and Post Construction Stormwater Permit. If you have any questions regarding permits, you may contact Doug Hummel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Houses
- Wood decks, patio covers, porches (repair and replacement)
- Roof Work
- Siding, Soffit, Fascia, Casings
- Garages and carports
- Structural repairs i.e. foundations, walls, headers, beams, joists and rafters.
- Retaining walls over 4 feet high
- Swimming Pools
- Interior remodeling involving drywall, moving/building of walls, altering windows and/or doors etc.
- Demolition of all or part of a structure
This list is not all inclusive. If you have any questions whether your project requires a building permit, please call City Hall at 563.556.7106.
Please be sure to to check zoning regulations before you submit plans to ensure you are able to build. Most residential plans will be reviewed within one week of application, subject to the work load of the inspector. Please call ECIA at 563.556.4166 for all inspections.
City of Asbury Current Adopted Codes Are:
- 2009 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2009 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2008 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2003 Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC)
- 2003 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 1997 Uniform Code of Building Conservation (UCBC)
- 2006 International Fire Code